Thursday, August 3, 2017

Short Dialogue





Vocabulary
  • commute- going (usually) from home to work and from work to home everyday 
  • killing me- very difficult for me 
  • I know what you mean- I understand 
  • walking distance- very close, you can walk there 
  • not working out- It's not good for what I need 
  • landlord- person who owns the building 
  • repairs- fixing broken things 
  • breaking down- becoming broken 
  • budget- how much money you have to use 
  • furnished- it has furniture included (sofa, bed, etc.) 
  • utilities- electricity, water, gas, etc. You usually have to pay extra for these 

Read the dialogue:


  • Henry: I am so tired of my commute to work. Driving all those hours is just killing me.
  • Lance: Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to drive two hours to work each way. But now I live within walking distance of my work. It's great.
  • Henry: You're kidding. I didn't know that. Did you move? 
  • Lance: No, I got a new job near my work. 
  • Henry: Well, I don't think I can change my job, but I am thinking about changing my apartment. The one I have just isn't working out. 
  • Lance: What's wrong with it?
  • Henry: Well, besides being too far from work, I'm having some problems with my landlord. He keeps raising the rent, but he never does any repairs. Everything is breaking down.
  • Lance: That's terrible. Listen, I think there is a vacancy in my apartment building. And my landlord is excellent. And I'm sure it would be closer to your work than you are now.
  • Henry: Really? But is it expensive? My budget isn't that big.
  • Lance: No, it's not that expensive. And it's furnished and the utilities are included.
  • Henry: That sounds great. I'd love to see it. When can we go?
  • Lance: How about now? 
  • Henry: Sure. I'll drive. 


Click on link HERE

Followers

About

Welcome to English at LERNFORUM Chur.  We teach English one to one or in small, personalised groups at every level and for every English language need. Cambridge and Swiss qualified, we're mother-language speaking, and most importantly, have a passion for helping you speak English.

Word of the Month

Holy

(adj): Sacred, divine, blessed.


Holiday: a holy or festive day; a day off, vacation (also sacred)


Expressions: Holy Cow! Literally true in India.

Ex: Holly Mackerel! Delicious, healthy and full of mercury.

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © English at Lernforum Chur